Mullein is an expectorant which means it helps the body expel excess mucus, usually by helping your coughs more productive, to bring up mucus that maybe settling in the chest or throat area. It is also a demulcent that creates a soothing anti-inflammatory coating over mucus membranes.
- Can improve lungs health
- Colds and flu
- Can aid those with gout
- Helps with digestive problems
- Mullein tea can benefit your skin
- Help with insomnia (sleep)
How to use:
- Pour 1 cup of water over 1-2 teaspoons of dried mullein leaves
- Steep it for 10-15 minutes before drinking
- Intake 3-4 times a day
This is not good for nursing mothers or pregnant women. This can cause contractions, this can also decrease milk productions.